We recently received this fantastic suggestion from Alejandro on how you can setup Google’s Chrome Browser to auto-detect RSS feeds available on the websites you browse and to give you a quick way to subscribe to a feed on Blogtrottr.
1. In Chrome install the extension ‘RSS Subscription Extension (by Google)’ by going to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/rss-subscription-extensio/nlbjncdgjeocebhnmkbbbdekmmmcbfjd and selecting ‘Add to Chrome’
2. Edit the extension’s settings by selecting the ‘Subscribe to this feed’ button (RSS feed icon) in the ‘Omnibox’ (top right of the browser) and choosing ‘options’
3. Click ‘Add’ and enter the following details:
URL: http://blogtrottr.com/?subscribe=%s&email=YOUR_EMAIL_ADDRESS (replacing YOUR_EMAIL_ADDRESS with your Blogtrottr email address)
4. Click ‘Save’
5. Select each of the other options (Bloglines and My Yahoo) in turn and select ‘Remove’
6. Check the option ‘Always use my default reader when subscribing to feeds’ (unless you want to preview feeds to check their quality before subscribing)
Now whenever you visit a website in Chrome with an RSS feed the ‘Subscribe to this feed’ button will turn orange. Just click on the button and then click ‘Feed Me’ to add the feed to your Blogtrottr account.
Thanks for the tip Alejandro!
Have a fantastic tip you want to share with the community? Get in touch by emailing email@example.com